UPDATE - SMALL GROUP NETS AND TRAINING
In response to the updated ECB guidance of 5th June the committee consider that it is now possible for Club Members to make limited use of the outdoor nets and mobile practice facilities in separate groups of 6, provided that social distancing guidelines are adhered to and subject to the strict adherence to the following restrictions and conditions:
1. The pre-booking system must still be followed, and bookings must be made through the co-ordinator using the following email address ONLY:
Please note that a booking confirmation email MUST be received before attending any session.
2. To check session availabilities, click on the link below BEFORE emailing a request for a booking slot:
3. Once your booking request has been allocated by the co-ordinator it must be rigidly adhered to. Failure to turn up without 24 hours prior notice of cancellation will result in forfeiting any subsequent pre booked time slots. Sessions are for fixed time periods which must be observed. Players are to arrive at the club no sooner than 10 minutes prior to their allocated start time and to depart immediately after their finish time. Session times will be staggered to avoid any unnecessary contact through overlapping. Please do not hang around on the ground to chat, as you will be told to leave! Small Group Sessions will initially be available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, along with 1-2-1 sessions continuing on Fridays exclusively for Juniors.
4. All booking requests for U18 members must be made by a Parent/Guardian on behalf of their child. All U18 members attending a booked net session must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian at all times.
5. The net lane/mobile cage/practice pitch is to be occupied by no more than 6 persons during any session and ALL people attending will need to email the booking co-ordinator.
6. For all activity, social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times. There will be marked out zones made available for people who are waiting to bowl in nets and mobile cage to ensure social distancing, this must be strictly adhered to.
7. ALL batting and bowling equipment must be provided personally by the members and cannot be shared between people. No equipment other than stumps will be provided by the club which will be cleaned with antibacterial spray between sessions.
8. Bookings are for the use of the net lane or cricket practice facilities only. No sanitary or welfare facilities will be open or available for use before, during or after any allocated sessions. The clubhouse will remain closed. Please use the toilet before you leave home.
9. Members using the net are to have at least one mobile telephone available for use in case of accident or emergency.
10. NO saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time. The batsmen should not pick the ball up to return it. If the ball comes to rest near the batsman, hit it back along the floor with your bat.
11. Players must wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible
12. A representative of the club must be on site during the hours that the outdoor facilities are open for use, they will have access to antibacterial spray and limited supplies of hand sanitiser along with a First Aid kit for emergencies.
13. Use of the nets / practice facilities is ONLY permitted for club members who have paid their 19/20 Annual Subscription (or as a minimum, 50% towards it) along with those who responded at the time to the club’s appeal for donations by making a contribution. ‘Donating’ £10 now does not count! No access for use of the club facilities for cricket purposes is available to non-members.
If you are currently a non-member, Seniors will need to pay at least a minimum of 50% of their Annual Subscription, & Junior Subscriptions to be paid in full by clicking on the relevant link to our online payments portal below BEFORE you can book a net session:
14. In making a booking, members wishing to take advantage of this opportunity confirm that they have read and understood these conditions and agree to comply in all respects. You are also confirming that you have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, do not have any symptoms, and do not live in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection.
The above represents the cricket committee’s current view of the minimum level of restrictions that need to be applied. As guidance from the Government, the ECB or other responsible bodies is updated or changed then the conditions of use of the net area will be developed accordingly. In the meantime, the full co-operation of members is required to ensure that this limited opportunity for practice can continue. The committee will be forced to shut down the facility should there be any abuse.
10th June 2020